Making Family Night Count
Spending time with the family is always a good idea—but what happens when different family members want to do different things? It can be hard enough to get each family member home at the same time, let alone to agree on an activity. Family night can quickly turn from a fun-filled evening into bickering and indecision.
When families inevitably come to that conclusion, make sure you’re stocked up on the latest and greatest family entertainment options. Occasionally, families might be open to suggestions to help guide them towards a fun-filled family evening, so don’t be afraid to recommend ideas to them! There are countless ideas out there for family night activities, and we’ve got a few recommendations to suit a variety of themes.
Video Game Night
- One great source of family bonding can be found in video games old and new. For the younger crowd, focus on enhancing the PlayStation or Xbox One experience with controllers and joysticks. Stocking racing add-ons—such as steering wheels and pedals—can appeal to almost any age of virtual thrill seeker.
- Some families might take things in a more retro direction with products like the Sega Genesis Classic Game Console or the beloved Atari Flashback 8 Classic Game Console (the parents may appreciate it!). Stocking a variety of gaming supplies will ensure that customers are ready for a family video game night, regardless of their tastes.
Machines Made to Rock
- Give families what they need to enjoy an unself-conscious sing-along with wired or Bluetooth-enabled karaoke machines. Whether families are looking for microphone replacements or entirely brand-new systems, it’s best to be prepared. Some karaoke machines come with built-in screens while others double as dual DVD/CD players.
Pump up the Party
- Most karaoke machines come with two microphones for duet purposes, not to mention attention-grabbing features like LED lights that flash in sync with the music. For those families who really want to rock, speaker systems are an awesome addition to any karaoke set. Whatever their preference may be, make sure families are ready to get down.
On the Run
- Technology doesn’t have to come at the expense of outdoor time; in fact, it can enhance it. Wearable fitness trackers come in all sizes—including for kids—and function as useful additions to family walks. For the more rigorous family or outing, brands like Garmin provide cycling computers, radar tail lights and GPS units to make night cycling safer.
- Perhaps home fitness is something families are interested in; if that’s the case, stocking items like yoga mats or home gym items is always a good idea. And don’t forget the water bottles to keep everyone hydrated!
Family Dinner Night
- When it comes time to turn off the TV and put away the phone, conversation and culinary appetites thrive. Cooking accessories from brands like Starfrit make it fun for families to prepare virtually any kind of meal. Stocking things like seafood crackers, fruit peelers, spiral slicers or cookie cutters provide accessories for families to use together.
Sets for the Family
- Keeping entire cookware sets on hand isn’t a bad idea either, just in case families are looking for brand new ways to cook together. Families know there’s nothing like fellowshipping over a great meal they prepared together. There are even products for after-dinner table cleanup!
Make It Happen
Whether it’s video games, karaoke, cooking, the great outdoors or something else entirely, stocking diverse and fun options keeps you prepared for any request.
To help make these family nights possible, turn to petra.com, where you’ll find something for customers of all ages, backgrounds and interests. Help them make family nights evenings to remember!