For domestic accounts, standard ground freight will be prepaid for non-Etailer Customer single orders totaling $800 or more of qualified in-stock merchandise for Products shipped to one location in the contiguous United States. Each order placed is a new order and will be processed accordingly. Orders that have been placed previously cannot be combined with newly placed orders. A 2% freight allowance will be provided, in lieu of prepaid freight terms, to all Customer orders of $800 or more of in-stock Product shipped to only one location in Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, Canada or Mexico.
- Should an order be requested to be shipped to Canada or Mexico, Petra is neither responsible nor liable for any taxes, duties, fees, or other charges that may be associated with the processing of such North American Free Trade Agreement shipments. All such charges and requirements are the sole responsibility of Customer. A separate invoice for these charges may be received from a freight forwarder, FedEx, UPS, or other third party.
Regardless of whether freight is prepaid or if Customer is allowed a 2% freight allowance as detailed above, the following stipulations apply:
- The maximum dollar amount of the following product categories may not exceed 50% of Customer's total order: office machines, tape products, batteries, moving supplies, A/V mounts over 50 lbs. 13"+ televisions/LCDs, furniture, home theatre kits, metal/wood products, jewel cases, bulk wiring products, observation/security systems, surge/UPS systems, power inverters, structured wire enclosures, floor-standing/tower speakers, central vacuum systems, central vacuum components and exercise equipment thirty (30) lbs and under in weight.
- Speaker boxes, projector screens, air conditioners, all medium- or large-sized home appliances, and exercise equipment over thirty (30) lbs in weight are excluded from the prepaid freight programs. At Petra's sole discretion, based on weight and dimensions, some security systems and monitors may also be excluded from the prepaid freight programs.
- C.O.D. fees and surcharges are not, for any reason, prepaid, regardless of freight qualifications.
- No fulfillment order will qualify for free freight.
- A Petra Sales Representative will be able to confirm individual products eligibility.
Hazardous materials cannot be shipped by any other method than a Ground Service. These materials cannot be shipped to Alaska, Hawaii, or Puerto Rico for any reason, regardless of ship-to information.
Shipments not qualifying for prepaid freight are subject to freight carrier ("Carrier") shipping rates, fuel surcharges, accessorial surcharges and other fees as applicable. Additional charges could also be assessed that may include, but are not be limited to, Delivery Area Surcharges, Extended Area Delivery Surcharges or dimensional/oversize fees, when required by Carriers' regulations. All such charges as mentioned herein, along with any insurance costs, are calculated and added to the invoice total and are non-refundable.
If an order is refused for any reason, Petra will be compensated for all shipping charges, including any C.O.D. fees, as well as a fifteen percent (15%) restocking fee. Such compensation must be received by Petra before any other Customer orders are released to Petra's distribution center for processing and shipping.
All orders are shipped FOB Origin, which shall be from Petra's distribution center. Damages are the responsibility of the Carrier once the shipment is delivered to the Carrier. Customers must make damage claims directly to the Carrier within 10 days of receipt of the order. All boxes and packaging material are necessary when filing a claim. A Petra customer service representative may be contacted at 800-443-6975 for assistance.
Recipient must inspect orders via any truck lines for shipping damage prior to acceptance of the shipment. Visible damage claims must be clearly noted on the delivery receipt/bill of lading as proof the damage or tampering occurred prior to delivery. Such damages must be reported within 24 hours, with documented proof, otherwise claim and/or credit may be denied. To ensure full credit, original packaging, manuals and shipping boxes must be retained for inspection.
All shipping/pricing discrepancies must be reported within 5 business days of receipt of order.
For international accounts, Petra does not ship to locations outside the United States, Puerto Rico, Canada or Mexico; However, Customer may utilize, and Petra will ship to an approved freight forwarder located in the contiguous United States. Any use of a freight forwarder will be pursuant the terms of this section (Freight Terms) and subject to the following:
- Customer must provide a contact name, phone number and email address for a point of contact at the Freight Forwarder.
- Petra must receive proof of export from the Customer or Freight Forwarder after each shipment.